Starts from: $12.99
There are two kinds of narrative essays. The first, and most common essay, is a narrative that the student writes about their own experience. This is usually written in the first person and relayed as a story. A student may also write what is considered to be a narrative if they are writing a review or report on a book, movie, television show, or play. However, these are not usually characterized strictly as narrative essays.
Many students find narrative essays easy to write as they are given the ability to describe their actions, thoughts, and feelings during a particular experience. Narrative essays do not require a lot of research, and they allow the student to express themselves without fear of giving the ‘wrong answer’. It is important to remember, however that the narrative essay is still an important writing assignment that should be taken seriously. Instructors will have high standards and will expect students to do the following:
- Effectively use descriptive language to paint a vivid picture of people, places, things, and events
- Write in a way that is appropriate for the target audience
- Write in a way that keeps the reader’s attention
- Use proper spelling and grammar
- Transition smoothly from one point to another
- Clearly outline for the audience what they should be getting out of the narration
- Stay on topic throughout the essay
- Evoke the intended emotions in the readers
As mentioned above, most students don’t need to do exhaustive research when they are working on a narrative essay. However, they should double check facts and dates to insure that they are not passing along information that is not quite accurate.
The Challenges of Writing a Narrative Essay
First of all, there are challenges to writing any essay. Most students these days have jobs, busy social lives, and they take a full load of courses. Many also raise families and have other obligations in their communities. Each of these things can make it difficult to complete all writing assignments on time and with the desired level of quality. Some students find that writing narrative essays is particularly difficult because they have trouble choosing the right experience to share in their essay, or they aren’t sure how to translate an experience into an essay. Others are simply not comfortable writing on such a personal level. We receive many requests for help on narrative essays from ESL students who have difficulty writing about their lives and their experiences in a language that they have not fully mastered.
How We Can Help With Your Narrative Essay
No matter why you need help writing a narrative essay, we are always eager to be of assistance. Here is what we will do when we write your narrative essay for you.
- Topic Selection: If you know the specific topic or experience you wish us to write about, please explain it in the instructions you provide to us. However, if you do not know, just give us some basic information such as the general subject area. If they need to, your writer will contact you for clarification. Some students choose to upload a very basic summary of the event that we will then expand upon. If you leave it up to the writer to select a topic, they will contact you to get your okay before proceeding.
- Writing: After the topic is selected, your writer will begin writing your essay. Unless you specify otherwise, it will be written in the first person. In fact, we encourage you to send a short writing sample so that your paper can truly be written in your voice.
- Editing and Proofreading: Once your essay is complete it goes to our quality assurance department. There, a professionally trained editor reviews it and checks for spelling and grammar mistakes, accuracy, and originality. It is only released to you when it passes muster.
- Your Review: The next step in your hands. You will have the opportunity to review your narrative essay before downloading it. If you are happy with the final product, simply download it and submit it to your professor with confidence. If you would like us to make changes, just let us know, and we will do what it takes to make you happy.
If you need help with a narrative essay, place your order today or speak with a customer service agent. In just a few minutes, you can be well on your way to getting the help you need.