Starts from: $14.99
Thesis Discussion Section
If you have reached the point at which you must craft you discussion section of your thesis, your research has been completed, you have your finds/results, and you are ready to analyze them in light of your research question and your hypothesis.
Students tend to get really anxious over this section, because there is an element of justifying what was done and the significance of the findings. Perhaps the best thing to do before writing this section is to find a friend who is willing to sit down with you for a while – just meet up at a coffee shop. Now, explain to this friend in your own words what you did, why you did it, how you collected your data and what your results showed. This will help you get your own thought organized without any of the numbers and the details. You already have those and you can plug them in as you write.
What the Discussion Section is Supposed to Do
Think interpretation and opinion. Because that is really what you are doing. You will also address the implications of what your research has shown. Some departments want the discussion and conclusion sections combined into one. If this is the case with your institution, you will also want to include a sub-section on how what you did fits into the field of knowledge and what suggestions you have for future researchers. If your discussion and conclusion chapter are to be different, however, leave these last two items for the conclusions section.
Tips for Writing the Discussion Section
- Start your section with a re-statement of your research question and hypothesis. You will want to also answer the questions that you posed in your introduction.
- For each answer you give, provide the data and the data analysis that supports the answer
- If you have results that did not really pertain to your questions and hypothesis, do not report them. But if you got results that had no statistical significance, you should report those. Future researchers may want to look at them.
- Report any unexpected findings in a sub-section titled as such. Again, other researchers may want to look into these.
- Provide a brief explanation of why you think your results are important. Most of this will really be reserved for your conclusion section, so be very brief.
The Importance of the Discussion Section
This section is really the “meat” of your thesis. Everything that you have done before this has lead up to these findings. You must be accurate, have great graphics to illustrate your findings, and exceptional prose explanations as well. No thesis will ever be approved unless this section is superbly done.
Getting the Right Help
If you have any concerns at all about your discussion section, you need to get some professional help. Many students just like you get that help from EssayRepublic.com. Why? Because we have the Ph.D. field specialists available and ready to write.
Once you place an order for this section, you will be provided with a consultant in your field. You will obviously need to upload all of the critical information – your research question, your hypothesis, your methodology, and, most important, the data that you compiled as a result of your research. Your consultant will take it from there. You will be provided drafts of this section until you are completely happy with the final product.
Our work for you is held in confidence, of course.
Get that discussion section out of the way easily and quickly and with no stress – EssayRepublic.com is your answer.